“Every solar installer should be using meter collars.”
Our Solar Meter Collar is ideal for solar installers and utilities looking to standardize grid interconnection and reduce installation time. The Solar Meter Collar enables the interconnection of systems up to 12kW via an integrated circuit breaker and field wiring terminal block. By avoiding the main service panel, the Solar Meter Collar eliminates the need for installers to enter their customer’s homes.
Reduce Interconnection Time to Minutes
Our Solar Meter Collar is UL-Listed equipment that enables rapid interconnection of grid-ready solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. The device creates a safe, standardized, low-cost alternative to traditional wiring methods.
The Solar Meter Collar is installed at the service point between a standard split-phase residential electric meter and the meter socket. PV systems are connected to the grid by attaching the tool-free junction box to the meter collar. No wiring into the adapter is required, which greatly enhances ease of installation and future serviceability.
The meter collar features an integrated circuit breaker, the amperage of which is specified to match the output of the PV system. The meter collar operates in parallel with the utility’s grid. It is approved for use with grid-interactive PV systems where the inverter(s) meets UL 1741 requirements.
This technology enables three key innovations in the solar installation process, the Solar Meter Collar can:
- Reduce the time that an electrician or utility representative must spend onsite to interconnect the system to less than 10 minutes;
- Remove the need for installers to enter the residence (in the case of externally mounted electric meters);
- Enable easy “swap-in” of future distributed generation resources as they are introduced to the market.
Over 12,000 Solar Meter Collars have been deployed to date.
- Integrated circuit breaker supports PV systems up to 12kW at 240V
- Tool-free, touch-safe, and reversible junction box with conduit entry from either side as field conditions warrant
- UL Listed
- NEC compliant
What’s inside the Solar Meter Collar?
START INSTALLING TODAY
Solar Meter Collars require your local utility’s permission. To get started using the Solar Meter Collar, visit our Order Now page to find out how to purchase meter collars in your area.